Find your Ancestors in the Georgia Bible Records
Dawson County Georgia Genealogy Records Available Online to Members
- Index to Dawson County Marriages 1858 to 1883
- Dawson County Wills 1857-1862 (abstracts).
Indexes to Dawson County Probate Records
- Index to Dawson County Annual Returns, Books D & E, 1835-1854.
- Index to Dawson County Wills, Guardians, Administrators, Bonds, Book B, 1857-1896.
- Minutes of New Hope Baptist Church 1843 to 1860
- Index to Marriages 1858-1883
About the Cherokees
Genealogy Tips- Why you need to search Pension Records
Genealogy Tips - How to Search Estate Records
Genealogy Tips - How to Find Emigrants to America
Names of Families in Dawson County Wills and EstatesDawson County was created in 1857 from Lumpkin County. Later a portion was taken from Gilmer County. The county seat is Dawsonville. (In 1850, Calhoun was called Dawsonville before it was renamed.) The County was named after Judge William C. Dawson. Researchers should also search Lumpkin County.
SEE OUR VIDEOS ON RUMBLE
Videos that will help you find your ancestors. Topics include Genealogy Tips, Emigrants to America, Historical Events & People, etc. Free
Yesterday NewsletterFeaturing stories of the past that you will treasure!
Free Podcast. Genealogy Tips every Friday!