Georgia Pioneers



ST. ANDREWS CEMETERY, DARIEN, GEORGIA


St. Andrews Church

St. Andrews Church in Darien, Georgia. A settlement of Scots from Inverness, Scotland. A cemetery adjoins the church. > The original St. Andrews Church was established in the 1700's. The present-day church was constructed in the 19th century on the original site in the heart of the historic district, Vernon Square. Nearby, adjacent to the court house, stands the seedling of the live-oak tree under which General Oglethorpe pitched his tent when he visited the Scots. He always wore his Scottish plaids when visiting the area and they affectionately called him "father".;

Georgia Cemeteries

Darien

St. Andrews Church

St. Andrews Church

Sawmills in Darien
Where to Find McIntosh County Records
Colonial Records for Darien
Biographical Sketches of Colonial Settlers Darien

Pin it